Friday, March 13, 2015

Splitted - Galina Italyanskaya

Splitted 

 The world around me has vanished, lost in the night 
All things and thoughts seem fallen in some black hole 
The wires are ruptured, the sky is flashing with light 
Or, maybe, it’s the result of my last default 




And since the dark has taken me by surprise 
I’ve lit a candle, remained of Christmas Eve 
Its gentle flame is dancing before my eyes 
Obedient to your whisper, my true belief 




I pour out my soul onto the sheet 
I write a letter to someone who’s drawn a sword 
And looking over my shoulder you try to read 
But obviously understand not a single word 




I hear you saying again: I should not give up 
Oh, can you recall the time when you were betrayed? 
I wonder if ever you saw me draining your cup 
And bearing that very cross to the top one day 




 Let poetry be my last escape from the blues 
I heard about its healing creative force 
The way rough diamonds turn into precious jewels 
It facets our feelings and secret thoughts 




 My pen is running along and filling the page 
The flame is dancing, and slowly drop by drop 
The melted wax is running over the edge 
I guess that trust has nothing to do with hope 




 It’s really hard to live on and never wait, 
To liberate all your fantasies, let’em fly
 Resigning to the maxima “come what may” 
And write your story across the undying sky 




My poetry is the candle your love has lit 
It’s not the wax, but verses are dripping down 
The wick of life is burning - I’ve got a bit  
When everything is written I’ll simply die. 
 

 Or, possibly, it will end up with less delay 
If someone, who wants to leave to forget my face,  
Just slams the door behind and goes away, 
And blows out my dream 
To another space 




 You’re not a smoker - there are no matches at hand 
To make alive that one decided to break 
I know my fate, and truly I don’t pretend 
Please shelter my lonely light from a big mistake
Galina Italyanskaya

No comments:

Post a Comment